Aer Lingus Refund - Flight Moved

Gordon Gekko

Hi,

I had an Aer Lingus flight that was moved by a day so it no longer suited.

On that basis, I took the opportunity to apply for a refund in mid-July.

I got a refund reference number but I haven’t received any money back and the flight’s still showing as “upcoming” for me and the other passenger on the Aer Lingus app (with the revised date).

I’ve tried calling them but as is usually they the case, I can never get through. The confirmation of the refund request is just generic with a reference number but no details of the offending flight.

My concern is that the date of the flight will come and go and I’ll lose my money because it appears that nothing has happened.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Gordon

You and literally thousands of others, myself included. Cancelled flights, rescheduled flights (over 24 hours) and not a penny refunded. Countless hours on the phone, countless emails all to no avail. Twitter and FB are full of people in the same boat.
Aer Lingus it seems are a law unto themselves and in breach of every CS regulation going.

It’s not so much having to wait for the refund…it’s more not knowing that my application is even in the system. What I don’t want is for the flight to go next week without me on it and then to have to argue that I had in fact requested a refund. Especially when the only proof I have is an email saying “Thank you for your refund request, Reference Number X”…with no detail of what it relates to. It could be a dodgy Aer Lingus breakfast according to their records! And in the meantime, the Aer Lingus app shows the flight as “Upcoming” with an option to check-in!

What I don’t want is for the flight to go next week without me on it and then to have to argue that I had in fact requested a refund
The same here.
Mrs. Sparkrite and three Sparkettes had their return flight cancelled and then they were all rebooked on a flight the following day, without so much as 'by-your-leave' ! Absolutely incredible stuff.
It involved two bookings and one party has managed to get the return flight removed from the itinerary, whilst the other Sparkettes have been told that the return flight cannot be removed but they will get a refund. When and IF, God only knows.
This is after about a total or 6-8 hours hanging on the phone to talk to someone.
You really could not make this appalling lack of service up !!
The worst thing is we have no one to turn to for some recourse and Aer Lingus know this.

I have been waiting for a refund from aerlingus in relation to the same situation in respect of flights in August 2020. I requested a refund in circumstances where the flight was moved and they offered me the option to seek a refund. I thought maybe it was my fault because I did not take some further action in relation to the flights. I presume they have held onto loads of money in these circumstances……

@Gordon Gekko AL have managed to sort out over half of what they owe us, just this morning.

This was also done via 'Twitter'. Like you, refund processed and changed flight now no longer showing on itinerary .
We were previously told that this was not possible, until we had availed of the outbound flight !
It is appalling what they are putting customers through to get what is owed to them.

Back