Aer Lingus cancellations

Shelby219

I have flights booked to Faro on the 1st of June, but Are Lingus have not cancelled them only offering a date change, does anyone know will they cancel them nearer the date? It just seems crazy that they won't cancel them now, there's no way they will be going ahead and I can't cancel the accommodation with out a flight cancellation

I would say to you to just hold on until closer to the time. They will have to cancel as I do not think they will be flying by then. My son had flights booked with them in July, to Malaga, and has received the same email.

Thanks for the reply, I'm happy to take a voucher, if they would just inform people, so we could get it out of our head ,and checking email twice a day

if they would just inform people, so we could get it out of our head ,and checking email twice a day

So stop checking twice a day and save yourself some time :)

Portugal haven't published their plans that far out, so while the flight is unlikely to go ahead, it hasn't been confirmed yet so a refund would be premature.

We had flights at the start of April, there was no email confirming cancellation just several offers for a voucher before the date, the date passed and a week later I still had no communication from them. I called as I could get no response via email and the agent confirmed that the flights were cancelled and I would automatically receive a refund. The agent couldn't give me any info on when to expect the refund just to watching my card for it to process and not to expect any communication from AL but to call up if I wanted an update.

I had a flight booked with AL for Monday which has obviously been cancelled. I rang this morning, requested a refund and this is being processed. I was told refund time may be up to four weeks due to volume of requests and they will mail me when its processed. They also gave me a reference number. The whole process took about 15 minutes from dialling customer services to getting confirmation of the refund.

Our flight has now been cancelled (outbound flight date was July 2), email received suggesting options of vouchers or change the dates. No mention of how to obtain a refund. I rang the reservations number (01 7617834) and the advice there is that you cannot process refund requests over the phoner. You must complete the refund request form on the website (https://www.aerlingus.com/support/forms/refund-request-form/).
So I did this now and have received a case reference number. It was all pretty straightforward so far. Now I just wait ... hopefully it will remain a straightforward process.

My son has his flight booked for July 6th with AL , he hopes that he will get the ,flight cancellation , message also. He would gladly take a voucher at this stage.

AL customers are definitely being directed down the voucher route. At least, that’s been my experience.
However, given that the voucher is being offered at 110%, and is valid for five years, I didn’t explore the refund option.

Haven’t heard back from them, though, a month later...

Same here they refunded my avios points but still no sign of the cash almost 2 months later

Update on my post from May 14th. Full refund from AL arrived back on my card last week.

I also have a flight booked with BA in July which is cancelled and got through to customer service on the phone. They are now processing the refund which is due back within the next couple of weeks. My experience has all being very straightforward.

Last edited:
Called AL after reading that you had received your refund, mine was submitted on April 11th . The agents are just spouting the first thing that comes into their heads, first I was told it needed manual approval and that was done now, I queried that this is the same thing I was told several weeks ago how could it require a second manual approval. Then they said they could see that note on my account and were escalating this to the refund team again I had been told on the last call that this was happening then and they said this was second special refund team!! I gave up at that point as there doesn't appear to be anything the guys on the phone can actually do.

Before the refund came through, I'd also sent a mail back to 'Guest Services' with the reference number I was given, just as a gentle reminder that I was still waiting. I've no idea if that had any effect but just glad to be refunded.

My BA booking has now being changed to 'processing a cancellation and refund' so hopefully that wont take to long.

I also have a one way from Stanstead with Ryanair in July that was the last leg of our journay back and that looks like its going ahead so will loose the money on that as we wont be travelling. Anyway, two refunds out of three is not to bad!

My son had his flight time changed so contacted them on the number provided. He is to get a refund within 4 or 5 working days.

Got an email this afternoon from guest services to say the refund had been processed so maybe there was a second special refund team, still not showing in my account though.

Thats great about the mail from guest services. I took a few days for the refund to work its way back to my account so im sure its on the way.

Back