Advice please. I want to upgrade my current VHI policy

Subtitle

I am currently on VHI One Plan 250. It is due for renewal 01/10/18. The cost is 832.41 and I would like to upgrade my cover somewhat.
I would like my new policy to cover all, or most, private hospitals, not just The Beacon. I would like a private room in a public hospital and semi private or private in a private hospital.
Day to day expenses such as doctors visits are not really a priority for me, although welcome if included. I'm mainly interested in hospital benefits.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Subtitle.

Subtitle,

The plan you are on at the moment, VHI One Plan 250, covers all private hospitals, but with 60% cover for orthopaedic surgery in private hospitals.
The following alternative plans include the 2 hi-tech hospitals Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private and all other private hospitals.

1. VHI Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission, 50 per
day case procedure. Day to day expenses included on this plan. 80% cover for orthopaedic surgery in private/hi-tech hospitals (hip and knee replacement surgery). This plan covers a semi-private room in any private hospital.

2. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 x 2 max for all admissions,
50 excess per day case procedure. Day to day cover included on this plan, max refund 500 per year. Full cover for orthopaedic surgery in all private and hi-tech hospitals. This plan covers a semi-private room in any private hospital.

[broken link removed]

The following plans also include full cover for a private room in a private hospital.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,
I was looking at Company plan Plus 1.3 and liked it. But Laya seems to be a better option for me.
Thank you for sharing your expertise.
I appreciate your help.
Regards,
Subtitle.

Back