Advice on Workplace Bullying/Malpractice

shinzey

Pretty much all my hair fell out due to the stress that I was put under by my employer (I am a 30yr old female, my doc has corroborated the cause). They forced me to work till 2/3/4am over a number of weeks, giving me repeated impossible deadlines. This was due to the fact that I was not provided with the materials I required to meet a deadline, despite asking for them over and over again for months from both my bosses. When it came to the crunch, they both blamed the other, but I was the one who suffered because they refused to move the deadline. I told them I was off sick because my hair was falling out and I am suffering from chronic back pain (also caused by stress) and they just asked me to work from home.
Anyway, my 12 month contract finished and I asked them to remove the below passage if I were to sign a new contract with them, but they refused. They offered me "contract work" instead, with no contract. Which was essentially a bit of work from home until they found someone cheaper. (I researched and found that it was not possible to circumvent EU/State law with contract law)

While I was there, my boss fired/pushed out 10 out of the 13 people that I worked with. He is a bully and I stupidly thought that he would never get to me, but alas.

Does anyone know if I could take a case against the employer?

P.S. I was also asked to falsify employee clock-in records when the Employments Rights Commission were called in to the company.

That clause is meaningless in a contract so by the sounds of it, you would have a case. Get some proper advice and stop stressing (hard I know). Nothing is worth getting that ill over.

I'm pretty sure that as a general principle, you can't sign away your legal rights under employment law, and it is pretty foolish of them to present a contract like this.

But you probably need to get professional advice. If you're not a union member, try contacting your local FLAC centre for advice, or engage a solicitor.