Advice on Pension from a former employer who made me redundant some years ago needed

dmb

I worked for a company for a number of years (1998-2000 on temporary contract, 2001-2003 on permanant contract). The company operated a contributory defined contribution pension plan for which employees were required to join. Contribution towards the pension plan was 6% of annual basic earnings. In early 2003 all employees were issued with redundany by the company and advised to contact our pensions advisor regarding pensions prior to cessation of employment, however, due to an accident I was not present at the time this information was provided and was therefore not aware of this. Due to the company with whom I was employed no longer being in operation I was wondering if anyone had any information on how to go about receiving/recouping the money invested in the pension plan?

Thanks

Shaun

Re: Advice on Pension from a former employer who made me redundant some years ago nee

You can contact the pension provider directly. They will have all the necessary info. You may not be able to cash out the pension (in fact, you probably won't) but will be able to transfer it to your current pension scheme/PRSA if you want to.

Back