Advice on broken payment arrangement with Start mortgages

Rach16

Hi there.
We are a couple wirh a montly income of 5600net. We ran into mortgage arrears as my husband was unemployed so we currently have a mortgage of 324k of which 76k are arrears with Start mortgages. we entered into payment arrangement of 1,985 in feb 2016 even though 1827 is our contractual payment amount with a view of capitalising the arrears after 12 months. we didnt make full mortgage payments in june or July as we had to replace my car the timing chain went so we had no car. in september the girl only took the contractual amount from my card as i was ringing them to make payment. Start issued us a letter on october 16th that our payment arrangement was broken and we should fill in another sfs and be reassesed. do we appeal the letter as they took the incorrect anount or go ahead and do anotherr sfs and be reassesed? what options might they offer us? interest rate reduction? we are currently on 4.55per cent but theyve mentioned reducing it down to 4percent
Any advice really appreciated

With 3,500 left after your mortgage is paid,how are you in difficulties paying your mortgage?

With 3,500 left after your mortgage is paid,how are you in difficulties paying your mortgage?
We are not in difficulty now as we can pay the mortgage.. we are looking for advice on the questions asked at the end of the post.

Rach ,
Hope I have this correct,
1. In Feb you agreed 1985.
2. In June&July you paid 1827.
3, In Sept Start took out 1827.
Start are entitled to wonder what is going on .
Can you update the small shortfall.?
If you can write (keep copy) and offer to send the small difference and keep up the 1985.
If they require new SFS , its not really a big deal unless your circumstances have changed.
If you havn,t kept a copy of old SFS ask them for a copy and recopy to new SFS .
I know its a nuisance but in fairness , you changed the rules .

Back