advice on a parking ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeepBeep

Can someone tell me what happens if you do not pay a parking ticket and go to court? Are you allowed to give full evidence in court of all relevant details under oath and question the traffic warden under oath?

What is the fine on conviction? Is it always a conviction or is it possible the local authority will not be successful in prosecution? The reminder says that if going to court it will be an extra charge of 10 euro. Are there other costs? Would one need a solicitor and what would it cost?

Does a prosecution and or conviction affect insurance?

It was for not having a pay and display as I did not have time to get one before the warden pounced. I was not on a double yellow. Is there a difference between not having a pay and display and being on a double yellow.It says they will not process an appeal if the offence involves an illegal parking act" If it is not an illegal act then why the ticket in the first place?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Last edited:
Not having a pay and display is a parking offence just like parking on double yellow lines.
A parking fine does not affect insurance.
Is there a specific reason why you didn't pay and display - did you need to get change?
Were you stopping to pick something up and thought I'll be in and out in no time so not point. Did you leave the car parked for long before the warden got there? What was the time difference between parking and TW pouncing?
Did you engage in conversation with the TW - what was said?
The €10 is an additional charge on top of the fine already posed if found guilty.

Thanks for your response
Not having a pay and display is a parking offence just like parking on double yellow lines.
Yes, so I do not understand why the reminder says"will not process an appeal if the offence involves an illegal parking act" That is just curiousity
A parking fine does not affect insurance.
Even if convicted in court?
Is there a specific reason why you didn't pay and display - did you need to get change?
I forgot change and went to hand in an order to a shop. I intended to go back to car for change and pay and display as i was going to stay the hour
What was the time difference between parking and TW pouncing?
about 5 mins, I was delayed in shop. They were busy and I had to wait to hand in the order
Did you engage in conversation with the TW - what was said?
No

The €10 is an additional charge on top of the fine already posed if found guilty.
Oh I see. And what determines if i am found guilty? Am I allowed to ask the TW questions under oath?

It's a while since I witnessed this in court but from what I remember judge just fined everyone. More did not turn up.
What questions do you need answered? You did not pay and display - how is TW to know you forgot to take change from car or got delayed in shop - you say you intended to go back to car which leads me to think you forgot. You had change you should have used it.

It was for not having a pay and display as I did not have time to get one before the warden pounced.

If it was in a disk area, then I'm not sure why you'd go to court and appeal. You state yourself you didn't pay and that you were in the shop. Delayed or not, intention to pay or not, you didn't pay for the parking in the designated zone.

While it won't affect insurance or your licence as they are separate offences, I can't see what benefit you would have in going through the expense of a court case when you don't seem to have an argument against the ticket based on the information supplied.

If it was in a disk area, then I'm not sure why you'd go to court and appeal. You state yourself you didn't pay and that you were in the shop. Delayed or not, intention to pay or not, you didn't pay for the parking in the designated zone..
then what is the appeal for

It's a while since I witnessed this in court but from what I remember judge just fined everyone. More did not turn up.
What questions do you need answered? You did not pay and display - how is TW to know you forgot to take change from car or got delayed in shop - you say you intended to go back to car which leads me to think you forgot. You had change you should have used it.
No i did go back to then car to get the change and then the ticket was already there

My question is if i can question the TW under oath. If anyone can answer that I would appreciate it very much

I don't know the answer to this, but why would you?

The facts as you have stated are that you parked in a pay and display area, didn't pay, got a fine. Case closed. Do you think you'll somehow get the TW to lie "on oath" and you'll come out of the case having wasted at least half a day to save a small fine.

The facts of the case will be
You parked in a pay and display area.
You did not pay and displayed when you parked there.
You received a parking fine as you had not payed and displayed.
You did not pay the fine.
You subsequently got a summons to court.

It is very straight forward.
Why do you seem to think you did not deserve the fine? Was the order you were placing in the shop more important to you than to pay and display?

So did you actually buy a pay and display ticket in the end? I wouldn't stand in front of a judge with no ticket showing the relevant date and time.

I don't get this. BeepBeep is either being very irrational, or not telling us the full story.

The facts of the case will be
You parked in a pay and display area.
You did not pay and displayed when you parked there.
You received a parking fine as you had not payed and displayed.
You did not pay the fine.
You subsequently got a summons to court.

It is very straight forward.
Why do you seem to think you did not deserve the fine? Was the order you were placing in the shop more important to you than to pay and display?
I did not say I did not deserve it, i said it was for the judge to decide. And my original question was to as to whether the tw can be questioned under oath. Since no one knows i will go to a solicitor.

There are issues I cannot post here because i am not sure of the legal situation of doing so in a possible pending case that may be identified if I do. After all anyone can read this, so am not going to put anything that would identify the case

Suffice to say i think it would have a bearing if the TW can be questioned under oath. And if I lose that is OK.

SO we are getting near to why this was posted in the first place.

You and the TW have some issue going on either in another case before the courts or this case in particular.

You want to question the TW in relation to a grudge that they may have against you?? IS this why you are so anxious to know whether you can question them under oath.

Never just black and white these questions are they?

SO we are getting near to why this was posted in the first place.

You and the TW have some issue going on either in another case before the courts or this case in particular.

You want to question the TW in relation to a grudge that they may have against you?? IS this why you are so anxious to know whether you can question them under oath.

Never just black and white these questions are they?
you are playing judge again tut tut
IS this why you are so anxious to know whether you can question them under oath.
Is it?
do we?
SO we are getting near to why this was posted in the first place
are we?

I asked a legal question o alegal forum. If you cannot answer then say nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back