Advice on 2005 BMW 316i es

bagoftricks

Hey all

I need some advice on what to do with my car.

I bought a 2005 BMW 316ies with all the bells and whistles, leather, mtech sports suspension etc last year for 33k which i thought was a good deal with all the extras.

There is 32k km on it now and i am thinking should i trade up in early 07 to a 06 (new model)?

It will more than likely cost my about 7 to 10k Euro to do so.

Any thoughts?

It would cost you 8k to change now and 11 - 12k to change next year.So whichever you can afford really.

dont trade up in "newness" trade up in engine size. The 1.6 is horrible once you have driven the others. If you change to a 2l you will not look back..........well apart from the petrol pumps!

I have a 2005 316 with Extras and was interested in keeping up to date and was considering buying a 07 316i. I wont be now. The car is dead slow. Also the interior of your model is far superior to the new one I think.

yup DEAD slow and the car is juddery. I had one for 2 long days when I had some workk done!

Thanks for all the advice everybody.

Should i be looking at a different car? rather than the 316 or BMW. I really like the model i have but in the interest of making sure i can trade up every couple of years without getting hit too bad.

As far as performance, yes the 316 is a little sluggish but that is probably a good thing for me rather than a bad thing as I do not want to rack up too many penalty points.

Bag

I just called murphy gunn to see what the rough figure they would give me for my 316.
I asked him to quote me first on the exact same car for 07 and he said it would be 42k, he then said he would give me roughly a 26 to 27k trade in on mine. Am i out of my mind or is this nuts?

I have looked on CBG and although the prices are high they are selling at 33 to 34k right now.

Any thoughts?

The 316i ES and 'Plus Package' retailed at 37,200 roughly in 2005.
Dropping 10K is about right after two years. The higher cost of the '07 with extras is throwing things out.....

i have an 06 316 - would agree is abit sluggish. I'm hoping to beak it in. My insurance would be too much on a 2lt as i am only a provisional driver. So i'l be sticking to the 316 model for the near future anyway.Saw the new 316 ccoupe with all the trimmings - she's a beauty. Hope to have one by my 30th (3 years)...........

gonna be predantic here and say there is no 316 coupe since 98/99 !

a 330 and 325 I think in the brand new one so far...savage! Looks way better than the saloon which IMO was a disaster aesthetically.

You are right about the new coupe. It is only available in greater than 2l engines this year but will be available next year in 316 and 318 apparently according to Frank Keane.

Very nice looking car but i think i would just buy a 5 series instead for the 57k they are asking for it.

I still think the 6 series is just incredible though, nicest street car i have seen in a long time.

A 630 would be more than adequate to float my boat...no need to go for a 645 thats for show offs!:D

So they are putting out the new coupe with a 1.6l engine to cash in as our tax and insurance costs are so high......

a 330 and 325 I think in the brand new one so far...savage! Looks way better than the saloon which IMO was a disaster aesthetically.

Could not agree more about the looks of the saloon. Coupe is far better.

Currently there is just the 323 and 325 coupes. (think it might be the same 2.5 engine in both cars just different tuning)

Next year there will be a 320. There may be a 318 also(but with a de-tuned 2L engine). There has been no talk of a 316ci. A 1.6 coupe would only devalue the other versions.

Could not agree more about the looks of the saloon. Coupe is far better.

Currently there is just the 323 and 325 coupes. (think it might be the same 2.5 engine in both cars just different tuning)

Next year there will be a 320. There may be a 318 also(but with a de-tuned 2L engine). There has been no talk of a 316ci. A 1.6 coupe would only devalue the other versions.

In terms of coupes they stopped making the 323 years back. Right now (or at least with the model up to '04) you could get a 320 (2.2) 325 (2.5...which I now have :D) and 330 (3 litre).
Then you also have the de-tuned 318 2L 4 clinder engine.
They stopped making the 323 and 328 around 00 I believe. 316 Ci would only devalue the coupe...which the 318 already does I think...

You're absoloutely right - i meant the 325.

Back