Advice needed renewing health insurance

Baxter

Hi I'm looking for advice for renewing our health insurance.
Its for myself, my wife and our 3 Year old child.

We are currently with Layla on there flex 250 explore plan - the renewal is €2,316

Id like to go to vhi to obtain access to the swifter clinics which I've used a few times over the years.

We are being recommended the PMI 4416 plan for both adults and VHI One plan family for the child. Its coming in at a similar price.

I don't really mind the price (although cheaper would be better) but am more concerned with bang for our buck.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Hi Baxter,

Welcome to AAM.
If you are looking for more bang for your buck, the following VHI plan is worth considering, slightly more expensive than PMI 44 16, but also
includes good day to day cover.

1. Company Plan Plus Level 1.3; price 1128pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission,
day case excess 50 per procedure. Day to day included 50% refund for gp, consultant visits etc.
[broken link removed]

If hi-tech hospital cover is not a priority, the following 2 plans cover both public + private hospitals(including Beacon hospital).
2. One Plan 250; price 855pa; all public + private hospitals + some Beacon cover, private excess 250 x 2 max per year for all admissions,
day case excess 150 per procedure.

3. One Plan 150; price 947pa; same hospital cover as One Plan 250 - only difference is the private excess 150 x 2 max per year for all
admissions, day case excess 150 per procedure.
[broken link removed]

An alternative to PMI 44 16 with VHI, is PMI 37 13 with a lower excess. Details as follows;
4. PMI 37 13; price 1103pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 100 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

One Plan Family is a good option for the child.

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Again Snowb

We've decided to run with your advice on the VHI Company plan 1.3

Would you be able to confirm its a good overall plan and not a down grade from our current one Layla 250 flex explore.

Like i said before we are leaning towards vhi for access to swifter which is near by and a brilliant service,

Thanks again Snowb

Baxter,

VHI Company plan 1.3 is not a downgrade from Laya Flex 250 Explore, in fact it has extra cover for day to day expenses, including partial refund
for gp visits, dental, consultant visits, etc. There is no waiting time for this extra cover as you are under 50 years.
There is also a lower excess for private/hi-tech hospitals and it maintains the hi-tech hospital cover which is reduced on Laya Flex 250 Explore since
April 2017. It also has the added bonus of access to VHI Swiftcare clinics, so it ticks all the boxes required.

Snowyb

Back