Advice needed re which mobile provider to move to?

minkydog

both my husband and I are with meteor on contract paying €25 per month. For that I get free calls on a sat and 30 free texts - he gets 30 free texts. My last bill was €57 ouch and when I looked at the bill most of the calls were to hubbie. I also make some calls to 02 and landlines.
hubbie is now out of contract and I will be in a few weeks so we are going to try to move to a network that gives us the best deal for our needs.
Has anyone any advice on where to go? we would love some internet access but it is not a dealbreaker - hubbie would love a smart phone but I will keep the phone I have unless I get one free. don't mind if its prepay or contract as long as it saves money
thanks

First step its to work which network you call the most. If its mainly to each other then you should both switch to the same network. Because for some networks when you topup by 20 you get free calls and texts to the same network for 30 days. (Well you do on O2) that then leaves the 20 to be used for other network calls and texts and data.

If you look at who you ring other than yourselves most often, then that would suggest you both move to that network. But check out which offers better data prices. O2 is poor for this.

O2 will tell you how much of your calls are to which network and how they are broken down to a small degree. I cut and past my call history into excel and do it there myself. I dunno what Meteor for this.

But its impossible to make a decision or give advice unless you work out who you call most often and which network.

With Three on PAYG if you topup by €20 every 30 days you get basically unlimited internet,calls to 3 and texts .Worth checking out.

If you are happy to keep the phones you have, check out the many sim only one month contracts that most of the providers offer. I'm with vodafone and get free calls and texts to vodafone customers at all times plus, 100 mins and 100 text. Plus 600 web texts of which I use a lot. It's €20 a month. I usually go over a bit with few texts to UK numbers or going over very slightly on calls, texts to other networks.

Back