Advice needed on refusal of transfer and top up on mortgage

M

maneyy

We have a few loans and mortgage and applied to bank of scotland to change from first active and up our mortgage from 125000 to 170000, we have a mortgage for the last ten years and never missed a payment and on our car loan and other loans we never missed a payment but back in my young days i had a loan with bank of ireland and missed a few payments but payed them offf and got a letter from them stating that no action was taken by them on my account, but however B.O.S turned us down reason unknown? what can we do? do the banks look at your record re paying your mortgage? why do they look at the bad and not the good? anyone help me

Maneyy

Hi Maneyy,

Welcome to AAM.

I have amended your heading to make the subject matter clearer and also moved it to the more appropriate forum for mortgages.

Sorry to hear about the refusal on your transfer/top-up of mortgage. Have you checked with the to see what their records show on your credit history?

If you run the search option in this Mortgages Forum you should find some other threads on this very subject.

Hello

How long ago did you have a little problem wil Bank of Ireland, as any missed payments etc will stay on your credit check for 5 years, it would be worth contacting the ICB as adviced to see what is on your credit check.

Talk to a broker about your options

www.keatingfinancial.com

Thanks Catherine,

It would have been 1996 or so but it hard when you are turned down and known why? i think the banks should tell you why the are turning you down and it gives us a chance to chase everthing up? I had loan with tsb a numbers of years ago and when we moved to first active we had a few hiches with the change over and missed two payments with tsb and i told them this and payed off the loan, so you can see that if the bos know this that it was beound our control at the time, we only found out by looking at our statments and esb, phone were not payed around this time (change over) i also remember that tsb said there was notting to worry about but i have a feeling they did something when we left the bank? i hope you can see where i am coming from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Maneyy

Did you use a broker or deal direct, if you used a broker they would normally be told why you were turned down, if you were dealing with them directly, ask them why you were refused, they should tell you, it could be as simple as you did not fit into their lending criteria, or they did not read your application correctly which again can happen

If you have a problem in 1996 that should be off your ICB, however mistakes can happen so request your ICB, it only costs €6.

Hi
Have ICB form ready to go, would i be better to go to a broker or to the banks, i did not try first active as the only do top up which is another loan

Back