Advice needed on latest Sky email

Balfour

Hi
Just wondering can anybody give me a bit of advice regarding the following

I received a email today from Sky telling me that if I click on the following link I will be entitled to 40% off my monthly bill for the next 12 months.

Curious as I was I clicked on the link, that brought me to a web page, clicked on that, entered my passwords and before I knew it, I was signed up for a 12 months contract, I even got an email to confirm same

I rang them straight after to cancel and they told there is nothing they can do.....can they do this, surely not, shouldn't there be a cooling off period

You must have given them a credit card no, otherwise how can they get any money from you?

On the plus side, you have 40% off Sky for next the 12 months... just make sure to note down when the contract is up, and make sure you get onto Sky in 11 months and ensure it is not rolled over again.

Did you retain the link? Can you take a look at it again and share what the T&Cs were, or a link to them?

Any time a service provider gives an X% off for Y months offer always means you agree to be locked in for those Y months.

Back