Advice about Lap top

W

witchymand

Hi, I am planning to get myself a lap top for xmas, but don't really know that much about them. What one would most people recommend, and how much am I looking at for one?
I would appreciate any advice.
Many thanks
Amanda

Have a browse though www.elara.ie or marx-computers.ie. they will give you the specs, but it really depends on your requirementw which one you get. If you get to the nitty gritty avoid DeskStar hard drives (used to be used in Thinkpads (IBM)), they are a piece of crap!

No connection with either company!

Dell do a mini quiz on their website to help you choose an appropriate spec machine.

Why not take a look at an Apple Powerbook if you are doing broad research. It may seem a little more expensive but it packs so much in terms of power, usability and is a great quality product.

The 12" is wonderfully portable and the larger screens offer you wider choice. Comes built in with ethernet, bluetooth, wifi etc and has great applications. It is worth a look at www.apple.com and go to their Irish store - keep it in mind when looking at price comparisons and you will find if looking for something more than basics that the powerbook does give something extra. Good luck being Santa to yourself!

My advice:

> I am planning to get myself a lap top for xmas,

Get one after Christmas in the sales of when retailers (including online) cut prices on excess stock.

> but don't really know that much about them. What one would most people recommend, and how much am I looking at for one?

This might be a good place to start:

www.pcguide.com/buy/index.htm

Back