Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Advanzia are now up to 3.87%. I tried to register for an account with them but it's only just now been approved. So it was just as well I suppose. That said, I am not sure if it's only for the first 3 months, as that was what was offered when I messaged them.

Advanzia are now up to 3.87%. I tried to register for an account with them but it's only just now been approved. So it was just as well I suppose. That said, I am not sure if it's only for the first 3 months, as that was what was offered when I messaged them.

The Advanzia website is now updated with:
"The special effective interest rate of 3.87% p.a. (nominal interest rate 3.80% p.a.) is valid as of the first payment into the deposit account and for a period of three months. This special interest is granted to new customers and to all customers who have not yet made any deposits. The campaign ends on October 31, 2023. Interests will only be credited for a minimum deposit amount of €5,000."

Shame the intro rate is now only for the first 3 months.

Big question is what they will do when the 6 month outflows begin in a couple of months (after the initial deposits few months ago)

I think someone told me that you can re-register i.e. click on "mein.konto - Registrierung" and start again with your account number and set it up.
I tried it over and over again and it isn't working, just giving me the same error message. Does it work for you?

Last edited:
what error message, can you post a screen shot?
The error message is:

Anmeldedaten unbekannt oder fehlerhaft. (101)

Translated into English this states that I entered unknown or incorrect data, but the data I entered (account number, DOB and password) are correct. I also changed the password and then tried again but still no luck.

Last edited:
The error message is:

Anmeldedaten unbekannt oder fehlerhaft. (101)

Translated into English this states that I entered unknown or incorrect data, but the data I entered (account number, DOB and password) are correct. I also changed the password and then tried again but still no luck.
When did you open the ac? You have to wait two days before you can access the online banking. Until then you get the above error, but my experience was that after the two days it worked OK- albeit far from user friendly, possibly the worst designed UI you will ever see.

When did you open the ac? You have to wait two days before you can access the online banking. Until then you get the above error, but my experience was that after the two days it worked OK- albeit far from user friendly, possibly the worst designed UI you will ever see.
Ah OK that explains it, I only opened the account on Friday. Will try again tomorrow. Would be helpful if the bank actually clarified this rather than simply stating that the entered data is invalid. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
What is Advanzia's game with these 6 (now 3) month intro rates before dropping to a useless rate? Are they banking (clever pun) on people just leaving their funds there out of laziness like some do with Irish domestic banks? Unlikely, as their new depositors were likely those chasing higher rates, and who won't just settle for the default rate after the intro period.

What's in it for Advanzia to lose the 'old' customers while continuing to chase new depositors in this scenario?

Or, will we all get an offer to retain our funds in the lead up to the expiry of our "intro period".

What is Advanzia's game with these 6 (now 3) month intro rates before dropping to a useless rate? Are they banking (clever pun) on people just leaving their funds there out of laziness like some do with Irish domestic banks? Unlikely, as their new depositors were likely those chasing higher rates, and who won't just settle for the default rate after the intro period.

What's in it for Advanzia to lose the 'old' customers while continuing to chase new depositors in this scenario?

Or, will we all get an offer to retain our funds in the lead up to the expiry of our "intro period".
There's always a certain amount of lethargy. Like the people who accept their home or car insurance renewal or who don't switch energy providers.

You're right, I'm sure, that plenty of people will switch as they were chasing the high rate when they signed up. But I reckon a surprising amount of people will let it slip.

There's always a certain amount of letharg Like the people who accept their home or car insurance renewal or who don't switch energy providers.

You're right, I'm sure, that plenty of people will switch as they were chasing the high rate when they signed up. But I reckon a surprising amount of people will let it slip.
There is also the lethargy of trying to access this account on the terrible website. I tried last week but could not get in. (I want to move some or all funds to trade republic) There are a few post above I need to look at again and try another attempt. I tried resetting password, figuring out am I registered etc but could not figure.

There is also the lethargy of trying to access this account on the terrible website. I tried last week but could not get in. (I want to move some or all funds to trade republic) There are a few post above I need to look at again and try another attempt. I tried resetting password, figuring out am I registered etc but could not figure.
you might be best ringing the number that was provided, I rang it back in the day and they were helpful.

you might be best ringing the number that was provided, I rang it back in the day and they were helpful.
Thank you. Very quick answer from them. They spoke great English. I don't think I had registered. They reset the password. Withdrawal was easy to process (arrived to tsb account in a day or two).

There's always a certain amount of lethargy. Like the people who accept their home or car insurance renewal or who don't switch energy providers.

I don't think so, since those are customers who are chasing high interest rates and thus opened an account with them in the first place. Most likely remain very mobile with their money.

Back