Advanzia Bank Lux Paying 3.97% AER Instant Access for First 3 Months

Advanzia just isn't worth the hassle. Plenty of options that are close in rate (trade republic, lightyear, raisin etc.) to just not be worth the hassle/

My teaser rate runs out soon. I emailed a few weeks ago asking about an extension, and eventually got a reply confirming there is no extension. it will revert to the standard rate, (1.61% I think).

I never got an email that others mentioned saying it would be extended.

So I'm withdrawing my funds.

After a month they finally replied to me, saying I could close my ac and open a (new) account to get the "new customer" interest. Daft by any standard, and no small hassle, but did it anyway... now it's nearly two wks since the new account application and no word from them. It's like the Fawlty Towers of banking, Basil is working on his own dealing with the emails...
I was blocked out and needed registration reset. Rang the phone number and very helpful person answered.

Advanzia just isn't worth the hassle. Plenty of options that are close in rate (trade republic, lightyear, raisin etc.) to just not be worth the hassle/
Agreed it would be different if they were offering over 5%.

After a month they finally replied to me, saying I could close my ac and open a (new) account to get the "new customer" interest. Daft by any standard, and no small hassle, but did it anyway... now it's nearly two wks since the new account application and no word from them. It's like the Fawlty Towers of banking, Basil is working on his own dealing with the emails...
Update on this, for anyone with same concerns... after a great deal of obstacles, non-reponse etc. they have yielded to repeated persistence and finally opened the "new account" for me. The interest is 3.97% compared to 1.6% on the original account. It does seem daft to have to close one and open another, rather than just modify the rate... but daft they must be, if that's what it takes

Update on this, for anyone with same concerns... after a great deal of obstacles, non-reponse etc. they have yielded to repeated persistence and finally opened the "new account" for me. The interest is 3.97% compared to 1.6% on the original account. It does seem daft to have to close one and open another, rather than just modify the rate... but daft they must be, if that's what it takes
Yip speed doesn't appear to be their thing. I'm still waiting for a response to an email I sent in mid January.

Did you complete the online account opening form as normal for the second “new” account, or what was required ?

Did you complete the online account opening form as normal for the second “new” account, or what was required ?
Yes and no. They expressly refuse to open a second ac in the same name. They say you may close the first ac, and open another as a "new customer" in the same name which is rather silly, but that's the way. I requested the ac closure and the closure was confirmed. Then I did the online application for the "new" ac and sent the ID docs. When nothing happened for ages, they said they refused it because "another ac was still open", but when faced with their own confirmation of the ac closure, then they opened the "new" ac, together with a feeble apology. Fawlty Towers Bank is what I call it, but the roundabout turbulent journey ended in a safe landing...

Yes and no. They expressly refuse to open a second ac in the same name. They say you may close the first ac, and open another as a "new customer" in the same name which is rather silly, but that's the way. I requested the ac closure and the closure was confirmed. Then I did the online application for the "new" ac and sent the ID docs. When nothing happened for ages, they said they refused it because "another ac was still open", but when faced with their own confirmation of the ac closure, then they opened the "new" ac, together with a feeble apology. Fawlty Towers Bank is what I call it, but the roundabout turbulent journey ended in a safe landing...
Round and round the merry go round....

I see they're launching a new portal, and you can already register for it, has anyone tried it yet?

On the old portal, my username was my account number. When trying to log into the new portal, it isn't accepting the same login credentials. Do I need to register for the new portal like a new user despite already having an account with Advanzia?

I tried calling asking about extending- nothing. Also emailed and no response. Withdrew funds but left 5 euro to avoid 3-4 week delay opening in future, should they come up with some new offer..

Is there anything different in the new portal or is it just aesthetics?

What was turning me off using them last year was the fact you had to either send your ID verification by post abroad, or to their Gmail address. Has anything changed in this regard?

Has anybody managed to make withdrawls from the new portal? I have not been able to.
I get the following message in German when I have tried.
"The payment could not be made. Please try again later"

Has anybody managed to make withdrawls from the new portal? I have not been able to.
I get the following message in German when I have tried.
"The payment could not be made. Please try again later"

Did you try their old portal (which still works until 29 March).

Their new portal is in "preview" mode.

Maybe - transfers only work with their old portal until 29 March and then switch to their new portal - perhaps.

Back