Adobe - Warning Empty Page - Read Out Loud

Smythe

I have tried listening to books in PDF format using the Adobe 'Read Out Loud' function in their PDF reader.

It works without problem on one book, though on a second book the voice states "Warning! Empty page." for every page in the book.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thank you.

I can highlight the text in both books using the cursor.

So the book is not composed of scanned images.

OCR - it's a translation from a scanned page into format understood by computers, usually for manipulation by some editing software...

technical info:
Optical character recognition, usually abbreviated to OCR, is the mechanical or electronic conversion of scanned images of handwritten, typewritten or printed text into machine-encoded text.

I haven't used this 'Read Out Loud' function before....

Are these purchased / scanned books? Are they able to support this functionality? Have you changed / upgraded Adobe versions recently?

Are these purchased / scanned books? Are they able to support this functionality? Have you changed / upgraded Adobe versions recently?
They are both purchased books.

The book which is giving the "Warning! Empty page." audio message can be read aloud without problem using the FoxIt Reader. Which is another similar reader.

Though the electronic voice with this program didn't seem to be as natural sounding to my ears as the Adobe version, which is why I wanted to use the Adobe version.

Back