adding girlfriend to my bill o2

jackreacher

hi all,
im planning to add my girlfriend on to my o2 bill im just wondering does anybody know the procedure for doing this. i spoke to customer care and the girl i spoke to was a bit unsure. tried posting on the o2 forum but it wont let me.

cheers

Just go into one of their stores. You'll have to fill out some forms. My sister has herself and her husband on the one bill and that's how they did it.

Is there any benefit to this? Is it 2 numbers under the same account? Do they share bundled minutes, have independent upgrades etc?

it would be for convenience sake really. she would have her own number but it would be payable from my o2 online account. she is on meteor pay as you go and goes through credit like its going out of fashion. im going to post on the o2 forum this morning and try to get definitive answers on the upgrade queries etc

The last thing i would be getting for someone who goes through credit like it's going out of fashion,would be a bill pay phone.

she spends 20 euro a week on credit which is 80 a month. if she were to spend 80 euros a month on bill pay she would get 600 minutes and 250 texts from (02) so ithink thats a far better option. probably going to go on clear 175 to start with which is 35 euros a month if she needs more she can increase it but its going to be cheaper than getting credit the whole time

Is there any benefit to this? Is it 2 numbers under the same account? Do they share bundled minutes, have independent upgrades etc?

I looked into this option a few years ago, and there really wasn't any financial benefit to having a single account for 2 people over 2 seperate accounts. The monthly plan fee had to be paid in full for both phones - no such thing as a discount for combining the two on one bill. I think each phone had its own allocation of minutes and texts too. So the only advantage that I could see was a single bill arriving each month (and that wasn't enough to persuade me to go ahead with it)

there isnt an implicit financial gain from her being on my bill it is more getting her off speakeasy and on to a bill pay tariff which would cost her and me less.

there isnt an implicit financial gain from her being on my bill it is more getting her off speakeasy and on to a bill pay tariff which would cost her and me less.

Is there any reason why she cannot get her own billpay phone? I don't mean to be Mrs Doom-and-Gloom, but relationships don't always go the way you want them to, and it might get messy if there ever came a time where you had to have her number removed from your bill.

Is there any reason why she cannot get her own billpay phone? I don't mean to be Mrs Doom-and-Gloom, but relationships don't always go the way you want them to, and it might get messy if there ever came a time where you had to have her number removed from your bill.

Plus less hassle if either one of you decides to switch.

reason she cant get her own bill phone is we made a bit of a balls with our credit a few years ago and my credit rating is less fubared than hers. meteor wouldnt give her a bill phone and i have had alot of customer service hassle with vodafone when i was with them so wont ever hand over another penny to them

regrding the switch comment by rmelly the coverage from meteor is terrible where we live so its not a concern in the near future. ive always got great help from o2 and o2 coverage is far superior where we live

reason she cant get her own bill phone is we made a bit of a balls with our credit a few years ago and my credit rating is less fubared than hers. meteor wouldnt give her a bill phone and i have had alot of customer service hassle with vodafone when i was with them so wont ever hand over another penny to them

regrding the switch comment by rmelly the coverage from meteor is terrible where we live so its not a concern in the near future. ive always got great help from o2 and o2 coverage is far superior where we live

So has she actually asked O2 about getting a billpay phone of her own then? You only mention Meteor and Vodafone.

yeah checked it out with o2. ill be paying the bill so it will be my account she would be what they call a bill addendum to my account.

Back