Adding another Digibox - already have 1 digibox and sky +. Is it easily done?

Stevo2006

Hi all,

I have recently aquired another digibox which i wish to install in my bedroom. As i have stated i already have a sky+ box and a normal digibox running from the dish (multiroom) and i know that this uses 3 connections from the dish leaving 1 spare.

So, is it as easy as running another cable from the dish to the new digibox? What type of cable would i need and also what is the name of the viewing cards that can be bought from the UK to enable watching the freeview channels that i've heard about?

Thanks in advanve

Yes, it is as easy as running a 4th wire. Don't move the dish when connecting it, the alignment is critical.

PF100 or the likes is recommended, but the 'cheap' RG9 they sell in hardware shops as ‘satellite coax’ will do, providing the run is not too long. You could buy a 100m of RG9 in an electrical wholesalers for the price of a few meters in a hardware shop. Do not use bog standard ‘UHF’ TV cable unless the run is a few feet. Don't forget to buy a couple of 'F' plugs to connect it. The screw on ones are the easiest.

The cards are called ‘Yellow House’, you will get most of the free channels without one. They will give Sky 3, Ch4, the 3 Channel 5’s and maybe FilmFour.

Hi all,

I have recently aquired another digibox which i wish to install in my bedroom. As i have stated i already have a sky+ box and a normal digibox running from the dish (multiroom) and i know that this uses 3 connections from the dish leaving 1 spare.

So, is it as easy as running another cable from the dish to the new digibox? What type of cable would i need and also what is the name of the viewing cards that can be bought from the UK to enable watching the freeview channels that i've heard about?

Thanks in advanve

freesatfromsky is one you could get an English friend to buy for you.

Back