Adding a second applicant?

C

Cla637

I recently applied to Council for Affordable Housing as a single person and got a letter notifying me to proceed and arrange viewing available properties. My partner who is self employed wasn't included on the application and now wants to be added in and for us to seek a joint mortgage. Will the council allow me to amend the initial application?Surely 2 of us would have a better chance of a mortgage and our joint incomes would still be below the required threshold? Any advice appreciated as I'm new to all of this!!

Give them a call and ask - they really are the only ones that can help. In my opinion it should make your application stronger but the fact that he is self employed my not make it much stronger. Def worth a try.

Thanks iscritto ;) I phoned the council and they were actually quite helpful-told me that we can do this, just fill in a new application with both our details and quote the original reference number that they sent me. Next step so is trying to get mortgage approval in principle..easier in theory than in practice but here's hoping!

Back