Adaware now subsciption only

M

MAC

Having been using this in recent months thanks to tip from AAM folks but now it seems to have gone subsciption only - any alternatives out there for free?

MAC

adaware 6 is it

mine has gone tits up, uninstall beckons

try these

Spywareblaster 3
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.3

Still free, scan with both and immunise or block thereafter.

Also ditch that bugfest Internet Explorer and go to firefox browser , www.mozilla.org/ instead.

That really keeps spyware out

Hi Mac,

Are you sure about this? I had no problem downloading and installing adaware this am.

What version are you trying to run. Im using Ad-Aware SE Personal.

Are you trying to download to a network? It think it can detect this and ask for payment.

ajapale

Also ditch that bugfest Internet Explorer and go to firefox browser , www.mozilla.org/ instead

Have to say, I've been using several of the 0.x alpha/beta versions and found it great but now that I've upgraded to the 1.0 version I've had several crashes and problems with performance. I guess that it could be something to do with my retained profile settings but I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason so far.... :\

Adaware SE Personal remains free for non-commercial use only.

By the way, for a LAN, can anyone recommend a good spyware prevention and removal tool - willing to pay.

mozilla

CM,
For what its worth, I only started using firefox on version 1 (win2k) and have had performance problems along the lines of it not finding basic sites. A quick refresh usually sorts out the non resolving of site names. I havent had any crashes of any nature with it.
I have found it be quite slow using the tabbing feature so tend to leave it off.

Re: mozilla

Apologies for this tangent... :eek: Thanks for that car. I have a few different extensions installed so I guess that some of these could be causing problems. However even with earlier versions of FireBird/FireFox I noticed that the virtual memory usage seems to be extremely high so that on starting to use it again after a hiatus (e.g. first thing in the morning) leaves the PC churninig/thrashing away for minutes while it establishes the application's working set virtual memory. Must do a bit of research to see what might be causing this.

Sorry Ajapale

Ooppss.. not sure what happene dbut when I tried to use it the other day it was asking me to sgn up @ $29.99.

Just trie dit again today and its fine - for personal use only.

Thanks
MAC

Back