Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions...

Myuser01

I run a small web agency. I have a number of Terms and Conditions that I base my work terms on.

I'm wondering whether it's enough to include a link to these Terms and Conditions in my online/email estimates and quotations?

Or do I need evidence that the customer has actually read and comprehended the conditions? Such as ticking a box or some such...?

The T's and C's are on my website for anyone to read. They are in plain English. I paid a sum of money to an online law template company. I also updated some of it myself in my own language based loosely on the T's & C's of another web agency.

Does anyone know the law in this regard?

The primary purpose of terms and conditions is that the client understands what they are and that no misunderstandings arise.

Not sure what you mean by a "web agency" but I assume it's some sort of service to a limited number of clients as distinct from a massive number of people buying something from your website?

Therefore, I think you should write a letter/email to each new client in a friendly manner thanking them for the business and attaching the terms and conditions and maybe outlining some of them in the email. Pick one or two which have given rise to problems in the past e.g. "The quotation of €1,000 is for the initial design according to the spec provided by you and some reasonable amendments based on that design. However, if you change the spec. materially, we will charge you for additional time at €50 per hour."

Brendan

Back