Accounts package for small bookkeeping and accounting agency

H

Hibernication

I have just recently started to take on a few small clients and complete their accounts. I am a qualified accountant however have been removed from the area for a while but I am now more focused on it.
I would like to acquire a package that will allow me to furnish accounts for 6 business' (hopefully more soon) for a reasonable price and that would allow me to bring sole traders and audit exempt companies to the level required to remain compliant.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Re: Accounts package for small bookkeeping and accounting ag

I would advise sage accounts production, it is what I use and while there are glitches and things we would love to change it is for accountants as opposed to business. You can do full book-keeping for clients thereon however I generally use excel for their vat. If you want further advise etc give me a shout.
I am sure Tommy will also give you some advise also.

Best of luck.

Most accountants in practice would recommend Sage Accounts Production although it is not without its flaws. If you can afford to hang around for a few months, some od the people involved in the original design of Apex (subsequently renamed Sage Accounts Production & bought out by Sage) are apparently launching a rival product under the banner of It is apparently going to be launched this summer. Google Relate Software for more if you wish.

Thanks Tommy,

Did a search and found their details. Was talking to the director yesterday. He was very curious as to where I got my information from, however he was very helpful. They will be launching their package in June, with discounts to get off to a good start. He said about half the price of Sage. Think I will hold out until then.

Cheers

Peadar

accounting packages

Hi - same theme but slightly different angle. I'm accoutant but not practising as I have always worked in tax practice. I've done a few sets of accounts over the years and have generally used Excel - however Excel doesn't do the double entry as you have to do it yourself. I adminster a few companies 4 or 5 (special purpose) that have no employees. I'm looking for an accounting package that is multi company and multi currency. Price isn't really that big an issue as all of these companies make a lot of money so whether it is 500 or 1500 isnt' really that big a deal. Not even sure if the price range is realistic.

Any suggestions or recommendations and if there are any trial packs available. I would prefer ease of use over price as my double entry is strong but I've never actually used an accouting package before.

thanks

Quickbooks

( If you really know what you are doing )

Back