Accident- Different Policy Affected?

kraggy

Hi.

I am a named driver on my mothers policy with Quinn.

A few months ago, I was also driving a taxi for someone else and was a named driver on that policy too (also Quinn).

During that time, I had an accident that I was at fault for and so the owner of the taxi claimed from Quinn.

Now, my mother's policy is up for renewal.

1.Do i have to inform Quinn of the accident on the other policy? It had nothing to do with my mother's policy. Different car, different policy.

2.If I do have to tell Quinn, and the cost of the premium rockets and I therefore decide to come off the policy, will my mother still be charged more than normal?

Thanks for any advice in advance,

K.

The fact that you had an accident is a material fact and you're obliged to tell them at renewal time. Im sure there's plenty of people out there that dont, but if you ever had a prang and claimed and it came out that you didnt disclose, Quinn may not pay the claim.

If you come off the policy your mother shouldnt be charged more than normal as the loading is on you and not her as she never had a claim and its you that directly affects it.

Thanks for that Pete. I'm gonna tell them anyway, clear conscience and all that.

But is my mother's policy (with me still on it) likely to increase, or is it just the taxi owner's policy that will increase for this year as it was on that policy that the claim was made.

Thanks again,

K.

Your mothers policy won't be affected. You can't be penalised twice on two diff polices for the one claim. You should however disclose it.

your mother's policy cannot be affected as it is a PRIVATE motor policy. The taxi would be a COMMERCIAL motor policy.

Your mothers policy won't be affected. You can't be penalised twice on two diff polices for the one claim. You should however disclose it.

I would question that re: mother's policy. My daughter had an accident in her own car and her Insurance Policy settled the claim. I wished to put her as a named driver on my car and my Insurance Company stated that the fact that she had an accident in the previous 3 years there would be a loading (over and above what it would cost) on my policy if I was to name her on it.

Hi folks,

Started this thread last year.

As you can see above, was taxiing for a guy last year. Had a crash. Was my fault, claim was c.11k.

Am thinking of going taxiing again this year but for another guy.

Was wondering, will this new guy's policy be more than if he employed someone else my age who had no crash last year?

It's just that if his policy was to go up a lot, he may decide not to employ me.

Thanks a million.

K.

your new prospective employers policy MAY be afected. You must tell him, as if you don't and you have an accidnet, insurers will might cover you and/or him for not giving all the info.

Back