Accessing Voicemail

mickeyg

I am abroad at the moment (in the US) and am trying to access my voicemail on my mobile phone. Normally I would use 171 at home but this doesnt work. Any ideas on what I should be dialling??

Put a 5 in between your prefix and number
ie: say your numbers is +353 86 123 4567
+353 86 5 123 4567

If you have Vodafone this is what you do:
1. Key in your international mailbox number by dialling a 5 after the 87 prefix (e.g. 00 353 87 5 123 4567).
2. When you hear your greeting, press # to interrupt it.
3. Key in your password (which is 0000, unless you have personalised it).
4. Press # and then 1 to listen to your messages.
For O2:
Your mailbox number is your mobile number with 5 after the prefix. For example, for mobile number 086 1234567 the mailbox number would be: 086 5 1234567.
Nicola

Last edited:
Thanks Nicola, I'm going abroad and it never occured to me I wouldn't know how to access my mailbox. Have just tried that and it works, from Ireland at least.

Cheers, M'dear.

Thanks to Pulse too, just saw you gave same advice.

You're welcome Bubbly.
PS if you just put the '5' into your mobile number, that just rings dircetly into your mailbox (ie so you can leave a message). You need to put the 0000 code in to actually access the messages as far as I am aware
Nicola

unless you have changed the code. Shouldnt have the code at 0000 as people can go in and take your messages or change your voicemail too

You're welcome Bubbly.
PS if you just put the '5' into your mobile number, that just rings dircetly into your mailbox (ie so you can leave a message). You need to put the 0000 code in to actually access the messages as far as I am aware
Nicola

So you haven't changed your password then Nicola? You know that anyone who knows your number can check your voicemail and/or change the greeting?

That is true.
0000 instruction as per my post above, taken from Vodafone website, which also says 'unless you have personalised' the code. I just didn't re-write that in my second post!

However, I have to admit mine is still on 0000 :eek:
Actually, I'm not going to change it from 0000 as I don't think my mail box or messages would be very interesting to anyone!
Nicola

Mine is changed. I was able to get in and check messages, once I remembered what I had changed the password to. My brain will seize when I have to remember the code to get to Ireland, maybe I should pregramme it into my phone before I go.

Ofcourse the alternative would be to forget all about the phone while I'm gone but I'm not good at doing that.

Back