Access to info on a lost iphone 4

corcoran1

I left my Iphone 4 in a taxi last night. When I realised I called it and it was already switched off. I have a passcode set up so it couldnt be used and I had a barring but on the phone. Vodafone also set it up so that no one else can use their sim in it. My question is whether my personal information on the phone can be accessed(contacts, photos, messages etc). I spoke to someone in the Vodafone shop today and also to someone in customer care and neither seemed to really know. Thanks

Basically they would have to bypass the pass code.
If they attempt it 10 times incorrectly then this will wipe the phone.

What most people will do is plug it into iTunes and restore it, this may over ride the passcode and also delete all your personal info on it as it would not be able to restore from your back up, but as a new iPhone.

the phone will be blocked from Irish networks, but may still be sold to the UK or worldwide if it was factory unlocked.

its beyond me why the networks dont leave the phone on for a few weeks and track down who is using it through IMEI registration onto their network and hence the phone number associated with that account.

Back