Abbey Endowment

C

CTD013

Hello All.

I switched from an Abbey endowment mortgage I took out in 1996 to a Woolwich repayment mortgage about 4 years ago, but I decided keep on paying the premiums.

I am now thinking of surrendering the policy - the surrender value quoted from Abbey will pay out about 10% less than I have paid in over the 10 year period i.e. is very much underperforming.

I have looked on the internet for companies who might offer me a better surrender value, but Abbey is NEVER listed as a policy which they may consider.

Is there any reason for this? I appreciate that Abbey is recently now part of the Phoenix group - do investors steer clear of buying surrendered Abbey policies.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated, of course I just want to get the best price I can for my 10 wasted years investing in an Abbey endowment.

Is this a UK based query? If so bear in mind that this is an Irish personal finance site so you may not get detailed information about your specific situation here. On the other hand there are lots of existing threads about the possible options available to people with underperforming endowment [mortgage] policies.

Back