Abandoned car in front of my house. How to get rid.

Petal

My lovely neighbours who are renting out their house have left their old banger outside my house, on the road so that i can only get out of my drive in one direction. They've written "take me" on it and it's full of garden cuttings (half of which is my ivy that they destroyed tidying up their garden). It is unlocked, they ignition is ripped out but the plates are still on the car. I assume that someone driving by might want it.

Anyways, it obstructs my driveway, obstructs traffic on the (narrow enough) road and I'd say the garden cuttings will start rotting in there soon enough.

What can I do to get rid of the car. The gardai? The Council? Don't think there is much point talking to the neighbours, besides they're never there and when I left my number before for them to call me they never did. The tenants are Chinese and never want to understand what you're trying to ask them.

Any advice?

If you ring your local council and say that kids are climbing in and out of it and they may get hurt they will lift it.

If they are you local council yup, I was living in North Strand when I did it so it was Dublin City not sure who yours is.

Hi Petal
Have a look at links.
There's more info there (including some contact details of where to phone etc re this)
Nicola

Back