AAM and Google Search

Discussion in 'How to use Askaboutmoney' started by Newbie!, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Newbie!

Newbie! Frequent Poster

Sorry if this is not the appropriate place for this but just wondering why AAM has completely dropped off the google search results? It always used to be the second or third return but it's dropped off now. I'm half asking/half flagging to Brendan as it's shame to see such a good site lose presence.

Sorry, I should edit this to say it's the search term 'AAM' that has dropped off.

2. CiaranT

CiaranT .

Do people really use the term AAM when searching for askaboutmoney? Surely, the majority of people use the full title?

3. PaddyBloggit

PaddyBloggit Frequent Poster

I never google the site as I have it bookmarked but I did a search for AAM and it came up first in the search results:

aam.png

4. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder

Hi Paddy

I think that's because of this thread! If you had searched for "AAM" before Newbie started the thread, I presume it would not have come up.

I could understand someone searching for Askaboutmoney rather than simply entering askaboutmoney.com or askaboutmoney.ie into the address bar. But I don't understand why someone would search for AAM.

The new software we use, xenForo, is much more search engine friendly. I presume most people would search for something like "lost tracker mortgage with ptsb" or "high standard variable rates" rather than Askaboutmoney itself.

Both of those are prominent in the list.

Brendan

5. Newbie!

Newbie! Frequent Poster

I must be in the minority so as I only ever use the term AAM :(

6. Brendan Burgess

Brendan Burgess Founder