A mobile with 2 SIM Cards?

SOM42

Hi all,

A friend swears that a friend of his has a mobile that can carry 2 sim cards. Apologies if this is a stupid question but has anyone heard of this? I'm interested as I have to carry a mobile for work but also carry my own...don't ask! To have one mobile for both would be ideal.

Thanks

All the doyles, can I ask how does it work? Do you have two numbers and can you be on different networks with each ie one vodafone and one 02? I would be very interested in getting one if I could get 2 ready to go sims one for each of the previously mentiuoned operators.
Also is it easy to switch between networks when using them?

You can use SIMS from different networks .... one from vodafone, one from O2 or both from the same network. Only network which doesn't seem to work with dual sim phones is the 3 network.

You have two green dial buttons ... so you can ring out with the SIM of your choice. Incoming calls can be answered with either green button.

If you are on the phone with and a call comes in on the other SIM the caller will get a busy tone .... as you can only be on one call at any one time.

Allthedoyles, can I ask was there any problem with using sim cards for the networks here as in I take it they were not blocked. Is this phone one where the two sim cards work simultaneously?

These mobile phones are unlocked to the main networks , but as Paddybloggit said above , you can only use one sim card at a a time .

The sim cards will not work simultaneusly .

We don't believe that these dual sim phones are suitable for busy lifestyles , and personally , we would not recommend one .

We bought one in China , and of course it is a generic model and the touchscreen is not very sensitive .

But in general , the phone does everything it is advertised to do .

There is a big selection of them on . Delivery is about 4 weeks. Prices range from 60 dollars to 300 dollars.

Back