A good business directory to advertise in, I'm in the financial services sector?

SeanA

Does anyone have experience of what is a good business directory to advertise in, I'm in the financial services sector. Have used the GoldenPages.ie, and found that it has had limited success, will certainly pay for itself but find not getting the feed back I expected. Costing €2,450 per annum, how does this weight up when against others?

Re: Advertising

Are there any sectoral publications that you could advertise in and have you costed this?

Not the biggest believer in sectorial publications because don't know enough about penetration. And perhaps subscribe to my own philosophy - never read the advertisements!!! But open to suggestions if anyone has personal experience they wish to share.

Hi Sean, Can you give a bit more information about your ideal client? If you can profile what your typical client looks like in terms of demographic then you should then be able to find a more targetted way of generating leads than simply relying on a listing in a directory.

I'm not sure exactly what products or services you are offering in the financial services sector. But for example say you were offering income protection policies, I think you would get much better results by first determining a target client. So for this example it might be say a man in his 30 - 40's with a young family. What would happen if he got sick and couldn't look after his family? This is where your service would come in.

So now we can build up a profile of what this type of client would look like. He might be an independent IT contractor or perhaps the owner of a small business. Next you would then list out all the other people that currently have these types of clients and approach them to do some kind of joint promotion. For example you might ask an IT recruitment agency to send out details of your income protection policies to all their contractors in exchange for a commission.

This example might not relate exactly to what you are offering but the principle is the same. First determine a really clearly defined target market and then it is much more cost effective and straight forward to market to them.

In my mind this is going to be much more cost effective and efficient than posting a generic advert in a directory and hoping your target market stumbles across it.

Matt

www.BetterBusinessResults.com

For example you might ask an IT recruitment agency to send out details of your income protection policies to all their contractors in exchange for a commission.

very good idea

Very Targeted:
every letter that gets sent out goes only to a potentical customers, so theres no waste.

Its easy enough to understand the needs of this customer, they work for themselves and have no one to rely on if things go wrong, so they would need insurance.

Recommended:
The letter would not be coming direct from you. It would be from the recruitment firm. So people would be much more inclinided to read the letter as it is from someone they currently do business with.

Back