A few question in relation to married person's tax credits

LBT

Hi,

Just wondering can you help and point me in the right direction, my own tax situation is very straightforward so never had to claim any tax back!
Ok here is the situation, my brother and his wife moved to Ireland last August. He is working she isn't, he hasn't be claiming for a married person. Also they having been paying rent and refuse charges since August which he hasn't claimed for either.
I have registered him with Reach services. what does he need to do to advise the tax office of changing his tax credits from single to married, can he do this online or does he have to ring? What information will they look for?
what about the rent and refuse charges, is this just a case of filling out the forms for last year??
He is an Irish resident she isn't although she is legally entitled to work here. they have been married for 8 years.

Hi,

Just wondering can you help and point me in the right direction, my own tax situation is very straightforward so never had to claim any tax back!
Ok here is the situation, my brother and his wife moved to Ireland last August. He is working she isn't, he hasn't be claiming for a married person. Also they having been paying rent and refuse charges since August which he hasn't claimed for either.
I have registered him with Reach services. what does he need to do to advise the tax office of changing his tax credits from single to married, can he do this online or does he have to ring? What information will they look for?
what about the rent and refuse charges, is this just a case of filling out the forms for last year??
He is an Irish resident she isn't although she is legally entitled to work here. they have been married for 8 years.

All he need's to do is ring his local tax office and give his and her PPS number and the date of marriage. In order to claim rent relief he must fill up this form [broken link removed] and they will usually accept a claim for bin charges over the phone by confirming how much he paid the previous year.

Back