A bit of cold and fresh air in a house never did anyone too much harm

noproblem

A bit of cold and fresh air in a house never did anyone too much harm. Now we have asthma, continual sniffling and snorting, coughs, infections, cold sores, big bulging bellies, etc, etc, etc. People demand more insulation, more heat, walk around with nothing on them and blame everything on the planet being banjaxed or about to blow itself up. Maybe, just maybe what's needed is for the so called experts in some field to come out and inform us that nature will take of itself and we'll all be ok. Animals don't need inhalers, statins, cholesterol drinks or too much mollycoddling, yet they survive and feed the planet but there's some who want that stopped too. We need to get a grip of ourselves and get out more into the fresh air

Animals don't need inhalers, statins, cholesterol drinks or too much mollycoddling, yet they survive and feed the planet but there's some who want that stopped too.

I presume you are talking about wild animals here, as there's a vast range of medical treatments for pets and farmed animals for such issues, including nebulisers and choslesterol medication.

Wild animals don't eat processed food or have our sedentary lifestyle, but they do suffer respiratory issues due to air pollution. When they succumb to our equivalent of a minor ailment, they're good enough to head off to a quiet corner out of sight to die. Are you suggesting we shouldn't look to improve the energy efficiency or healthiness of our homes and do likewise?

A bit of cold and fresh air in a house never did anyone too much harm. Now we have asthma, continual sniffling and snorting, coughs, infections, cold sores, big bulging bellies, etc, etc, etc. People demand more insulation, more heat, walk around with nothing on them and blame everything on the planet being banjaxed or about to blow itself up. Maybe, just maybe what's needed is for the so called experts in some field to come out and inform us that nature will take of itself and we'll all be ok. Animals don't need inhalers, statins, cholesterol drinks or too much mollycoddling, yet they survive and feed the planet but there's some who want that stopped too. We need to get a grip of ourselves and get out more into the fresh air

Have you seen a life expectancy graph recently? It would appear that modern medicine is helping people live longer.

Have you seen a life expectancy graph recently? It would appear that modern medicine is helping people live longer.
No, not really. Are you telling me someone can tell me, you, or anyone else how long more we have on the planet? Anyone can produce data for anything they want and i've absolutely no interest in that type of mumbo jumbo and neither am I trying to hijack the thread.

No, not really. Are you telling me someone can tell me, you, or anyone else how long more we have on the planet? Anyone can produce data for anything they want and i've absolutely no interest in that type of mumbo jumbo and neither am I trying to hijack the thread.

Yes, I am telling you that based on historical and current data that the average life expectancy can be calculated in Ireland. A number of personal variables would obviously come into play but it is very obvious to see that the average life expectancy has increased in Ireland in the last 50 years. This is reflected in the NRA being extended in most industries, annuity calculations, the pushing out of the state old age pension etc. etc. etc.
A lot of this is down to advancement in modern medicine.

A bit of cold and fresh air in a house never did anyone too much harm. Now we have asthma, continual sniffling and snorting, coughs, infections, cold sores, big bulging bellies, etc, etc, etc.

All of these previously existed and have been helped/cured by inhalers, cold sore creams, cough medicines, flu jabs etc. etc. etc.

Under 5 mortality rates in Ireland in 1960 = 35.3 per 1,000
Under 5 mortality rates in Ireland in 2018 = 3.7 per 1,000

Reactions: Leo
Under 5 mortality rates in Ireland in 1960 = 35.3 per 1,000
Under 5 mortality rates in Ireland in 2018 = 3.7 per 1,000

By comparison, mortality rates for field mice is up to 90% in their first year. Probably a good case for the mollycodling we humans are so fond of to continue :D

Animals don't need inhalers, statins, cholesterol drinks or too much mollycoddling, yet they survive and feed the planet but there's some who want that stopped too. We need to get a grip of ourselves and get out more into the fresh air

Ive seen many farm animals treated for and dying form pneumonia and other conditions over the years, so I don't think "fresh air" is the cure for everything.

I grew up in a house with no central heating, ice on the inside of the windows and in the middle of no-where. All that fresh air and cold never stopped me getting mumps, measles or a host of other ailments growing up. However no point in me complaining about it as it was just what life was like in rural Ireland in the 70s. Same in school, your cold? Put you coat on. Would I go back to it, not in a million years. !!

Fresh air is good for you. Polluted air, not so much. Asthma and many other ailments are linked to pollution the baby is exposed to while in the womb. If a mother smoking is bad for the unborn baby then so is a lung full of diesel fumes from the back of a bus.

I do agree that we heat our houses too much. At this time of the year people should be wearing jumpers/fleeces in the house. If you are wearing a t-shirt then your house is too hot and you are wasting energy.

Facts are the opposite of mumbo jumbo.

Back