8 Week mon-friday Job offer-Can I still keep my unemployment assistance payment?

S

stripycat29

Hi,

I've only recently got my assistance claim processed and I had to wait nearly 2mths for this to happen.. Anyway, I've been offered 2mths work(39hrweek) for approx 8weeks contract, can I still claim/keep my unemployment assistance or would I have to re-apply for assistance if I decide to take the offer of contract?
I need to know by tomorrow, so if anyone can answer my question asap please!

If you take the job you have to sign off from social welfare and then once you are out of work again you much reapply. I'd take the job though as it's hell being out of work. so many of my friends who lost there jobs are saying they would do anything just to occupy the time.

i think you can come off it temporarily and then there's a reapplication form so you don't have to go through the whole process again. I'm not sure how many weeks you can be working though to do this.

Your new claim will be linked to your existing claim if the break is 13 weeks or less.

yes but depending on the office that you're dealing with, you may have to wait up to 12 weeks i hear as processing times can be really long.

SW offices try to fast-track repeat claims, so the processing delay may not be as long as for new claims (since all the paperwork has been done).

Back