7" or 10" tablet?

toby2111

Loooking to get the wife a tablet for Xmas for general browsing,use as e-reader,watch youtube,facebook,skype video chat etc.Narrowed it down to these two
7"-

10"-

Which one offers best tablet experience for a tablet newbie?!

On size alone I would go for the 10" just so it is easier to view, read from etc. I have no experience with either. I work off both a 15" and 11" myself.

The commercial e-book readers are smaller than 10". That may be for cost, or may be because books are closer to 7" than to 10". So if book reading is one intended use for this tablet, the 7" screen may be preferable.

A camera with 0.3MP may not be great quality for Skype.

Last edited:
How often will it be transported? Would she like something she can keep in her bag and have available for use on a bus/train. 10"+ are that bit extra hassle to carry around, but browsing etc. will be easier with the bigger screen.

Why don't you ask your missus whether she'd prefer seven inches or ten inches. People have different tastes and different preferences on these things.

As mentioned, screen size will depends on the primary use... battery life will come into play also, larger screen will use more power... but bigger unit might house bigger battery... something to check...

Back