6 years & No redundancy

T

trafficpat

Hi,
Am I entitled to redundancy, Ive worked nearly 6 years in total with my employer.
4.75 years on full time permanent contract and then 1yr on temp part time contract.
I asked for part time so they took away my permancy and gave me a temp year contract. That expired and they then left me go!

Am I even entitled to any redundancy or anything? Im at a loss!!!

unfortunately if your contract is over then it is over, you are not being made redundant.

unfortunately if your contract is over then it is over, you are not being made redundant.

Hi Trafficpat,

I'm not sure whether the above is correct. I would advise calling the National Employment Rights Authority in Carlow: 1890 80 80 90 / 059 91 78990 and explaining your situation to them

I am in a similar situation and found they were very helpful in advising.

Why did they give you a temporary contract ????. Do they not have any other staff who do not work fulltime hours that are permanent

Well its a bit complicated, but basically I was out on Maternity leave and went back to work so thats why I asked for part time. Thats when they offered me temp contract. I told them I didnt want that, that I was permanent for so long, they cant take that away from me, but I was told, take it or leave it! So hesitantly I took it!

Back