5% and 1 % Charges...too high??

Killter

Hi folks....

I was just wondering if 5% charge on contributions (not including the 1% management fee) being charged by my PRSA provider -AIB/Ark Life- is a bit expensive?

I know that Eagle Star only charge the 1 % fee, and 0 % contribution charge. I tried to find out a few times from them if this rate would change after x amount of years of being with them.

What Im tryin to figure out is what is the best option.

Any thoughts??

Thanks you.

Killter Billter

I'd stay away from AIB and find a discount broker. I'd prefer Eagle Star to AIB. Theres a list of discount brokers on this website. You can also use a discount broker to buy an Eagle Star policy.

I know that Eagle Star only charge the 1 % fee, and 0 % contribution charge. I tried to find out a few times from them if this rate would change after x amount of years of being with them.

To the best of my knowledge, Eagle Star don't sell the 0% / 1% PRSA directly to the public - you can only buy an Eagle Star PRSA on those terms from a broker.

However to answer your quetion, if you do buy a 0% / 1% PRSA from a broker, the charging structure is written into your contract document and will not change for the duration of the PRSA.

Back