41 years old. I've €150k to invest for a retirement income.

• Thread starter pig-squeezer
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pig-squeezer

I've €150k available through a top-up mortgage which I want to invest to give me an income later in life.

I need to decide how to invest. I'm no expert and I'm in need of information on all options, so I'm now seeking advice.
  • At 41, I'm past the half-way mark to retirement. This has come as a surprise..
  • At retirement my pension gives me €6,000k a year so I need to be thinking now about improving this situation if possible.
  • My house has doubled in value since I bought it so I want to explore the option of borrowing against this, to make an investment which will give me an income later in life.
  • I can raise €150,000 in equity, as a top-up mortgage. I have all the forms signed. The banks can release this money tomorrow.
  • I need to have invested this within two months, and after this the offer expires and I wont be in a situation to raise a top-up mortgage for some time, say two or three years, because of career changes.
  • Aside from this I've no savings, I've no kids, I'll never be a high earner, because of the sector I work in, so this next move seems really important to me, to ensure some kind of quality of life when I retire.
What are my options - Property? Pension? Property Investment Funds?

This is a novice question - how and where should I seek financial advice so I can weigh up all options and make an informed choice?

Thanks - any advice would be gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back