316 v mondeo

Get the 316 if only for it's resale value..
It not a great car overall....The Mondeo would probably be a better drive

ZEGAR said:
Get the 316 if only for it's resale value..
It not a great car overall....The Mondeo would probably be a better drive

Agreed. Your optimum answer might be buy a lightly used, but well depreciated Mondeo.

I'd say go for an 04 Zetec 2.0 TDCI. Less than €20000 and runs on fumes.

That will retain decent value.

Saloon is much more common than the hatchback btw.

According to today's papers, the 3 series now outsells the Mondeo!! If you bought a Mondeo now you might get a good resale on it in the future when there's too many 3 series around the place.

Stop calling me Surely, Ah the old ones are the best.

I heard that on top gear alright. So I would say yes still in the uk.

Brother has a mondeo LX diesel. Grand car well enough specced. The heated windscreen is a nice touch. Electrically defrosts the screen, much quicker than the waiting for the heater to warm up.

Would definitley look for a zetec though.

I've got that hetaed screen on a C-Max I'm running and it's a great idea.

Cleared frost in seconds this morning.

892896 said:
Get the 316i.
Instant Resale when it comes to selling.

I don't agree. Given the relatively large numbers of BMW's available, prices are depressed.

I suggested buying a relatively fresh used Mondeo, where the heaviest depreciation has already occured.

BMW's are generally well overpriced, even in already exorbitant Irish terms, and the 316i is actually quite slow and not a particularly inspiring drive. It's no sports saloon imho. The bigger engined models are fine machines however.

In my opinion, a 316i is really for people who want to claim load & clear , preferably in public, they drive a BMW, but can not really afford a BMW...

Most car magazines would praise even the more modest BMW models. The 3 series is no exception. The mondeo hardly holds its value like gold does it ? The 3 series is a cheap car to run with 24,000 KM intervals.

New Mondeo on the way in 2007? Not much point in buying a new Mondeo as it will be an old model in 1 years time. Perhaps the new Focus would be a suitable choice ?

Focus 4door V BMW 316? (€24k v €30k) Great reviews for the focus.... Any ideas?

Back