3 piece suite of furniture wanted

spider7

Hi
I am looking for a 3 piece suite of furniture (2 seater sofa and 2 armchairs) for my small apartment. I am looking for something nice and comfortable, that will wear well and look good!. It goes without saying all at a good price! I live in Rathmines,Dublin.

Can anyone recommend a favourite shop/ website or place to purchase the above and maybe say why.
Many Thanks.
Brendan

Hi Spider7,

Welcome to AAM.

Have you had a read of the key post on Furniture from AAM's Homes and Gardens Key Posts.

I like a small shop in Capel St. called [broken link removed]because I have found them quite good. Its a very small shop but they will make up different combinations of materials and suites. Next door to them is [broken link removed] and their stuff is good but I have not bought anything from them. Not too keen on any of the others on Capel St.

[broken link removed] have very nice furniture but are pricey. Quality is excellent as mine is still going strong after 10 years of hacking!

N.B. No association with any of the above.

Pity you didn't post this about 3 weeks ago.A friend of mine was selling his apartment and re-upholstered his suite to sell the place.Anyway the buyer had her own furniture and requested he get rid of it,it was no use to him.He rang SVP to ask if they would want it and explained it was virtually brand new,they wouldn't take it!So much for poverty Ireland!!!!In the end he sold all the contents of the house for 10Euro so long as they collected it!

New place on the Long Mile road, near Bikeworld, just recently opened, selling ex Marks and Sparks and Laura Ashley furniture at haif origonal price.
I haven't bought here, just browsed , everything looked to be ok to me.
Have seen some lovely sofa's there, good classical styles, that will not date too quickly, make sure you bring measurements tho , because the stuff seems to move fairly fast and as they are end of lines may not be there when you get back.
Name of the place is Famous Furniture. I have no connection with them .

HI Maryrose, I spend a very frustrating Saturday afternoon driving around looking for Famous Furniture. Could you give directions please? Say stuff from them in some home article iin the Irish Times and it looked very reasonable. Thanks!

Hi Gordanus,

Pending Maryrose's reply I'm not familiar with Famous Furniture but Bikeworld is slightly to the left of Des Kelly Furniture on Long Mile Rd. opposite E.P. Mooney. The Nissan showrooms is in the complex next to it. You can park outside Kellys and walk around to it.

HTH.

Hi Folks , It's in the old Computstore warehouse which can be seen from the Naas Rd., but can only be accessed from the Longmile Rd.

As Suellen mentioned it's on the same side of L/m Rd as Des Kellys, there's a turn into the left off this road, before Des Kellys, look for the sign on the footpath, I know not very visible, and drive straight tthrough that entrance to the back of the complex , you will be facing the Naas Rd.

I believe the best time to go is either wednesday or thursday, when a new shipment of stuff arrives.

"As Suellen mentioned it's on the same side of L/m Rd as Des Kellys, there's a turn into the left off this road, before Des Kellys, look for the sign on the footpath, I know not very visible, and drive straight tthrough that entrance to the back of the complex , you will be facing the Naas Rd"

Hi Maryrose/Gordanus,

If memory serves me well the complex that Compustore used to be in is called Avonbeg Indl. Estate. The easiest way to get to it is turn left off Naas Rd. onto Long Mile Rd. Pass Bikeworld on left and immediately before the old disused Motor Distributors petrol pumps turn left into indl. estate. Keep left and drive into the back of the complex which will look out onto Naas Rd. The premises should be about 1 or 2 units up on right.

See

@Richard - any deals on delivery if your buying a lot of gear? Or do you have an arrangement with anyone who does delivery at a reasonable rate?

Hi

No association with them at but I know the business owner. so just drop in or give them a call.

Thanks,
Richard

HTML:
They have just got a new website up and running

[url]www.famousfurniture.ie[/url]

There is some mention of the above factory in House and Home this month. I often wonder are these places really half price or do they just say that something was a higher price than it actually was?? I'll defintely be paying that shop a visit anyhow.

"I'll defintely be paying that shop a visit anyhow"

Ribena,

Its actually more like a factory warehouse rather than a shop - you don't want to land up like Gordanus driving around looking for it.

Hi,
Thank you very much to those who replied with the kind replies and suggestions.
Sueelen, I didn't know about those shops on Capel St. but i will check them out at the weekend. sounds promising!
Maryrose, to be honest i didn't think too much of Famous Furniture. Maybe i just got them on a bad day with a poorer selection of stock.
Bill, regarding Laura Ashley, they have goergous stuff, although most of it you have to order through a catalogue. regardless very good qaulity. the shop very often has short discount sales so I might go with this option. I ended up buying a lovely rug and light fitting on disount of 20% last weekend. they have an offer on at the moment, buy one, get the 2nd item half price, if anyone is interested. not bad!

so again many thanks for the kind replies.
spider7

See Dunnes Stores have started doing furniture and have 4 leaflets available instore although not advertised on their [broken link removed]!

The collections are Loft, Metro, Retro and City. Not bad but not cheap.

Back