3 months arrears

whattodo?

Hi,

I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

I currently have a BOSI loan which is 3 1/2 years in over a 5 year loan period. Currently I am 3 months in arrears. I will not to miss a payment again - secured employment now!

However, my question is, if I say to them that I cannot pay the arrears for the foreseeable future but will pay the agreed monthly amount going fortward - what will they do? Will they take me to court? I just cant afford to pay extra each month but will be ok with the agreed amounts

Many Thanks

Have you spoken to them.

They will probably reschedule the loan so that you can pay it over a longer period and they won't hassle you for arrears.

The likelihood is that they will reschedule the loan, but only after they see regular payments (typically 6 months consecutively) and then they will either reschedule to extend the term, or absorb the arrears, with the term remaining the same, so your monthly repayment will increase a little.

They will not usually send it to recovery until you have defaulted over 6 months, but you do need to talk to them and explain your predicament.

www.frost.ie

Back