3 day week(working 5)

F

Furball

Two weeks ago everybody in work was placed on a three day week. Given the fact that my department is understaffed we have continued on five days including overtime. The company is now looking to recruit for two positions in my dept.
Can I ask to be placed back full time. I'm a bit confused as I can't find any information on this situation.
Also if I continue to work five days can they just pay me for a three day week if I take holidays.
Hoping for some enlightenment.

If you are on JB for the days that you are not working you should be actively seeking work therefore you must seek to return to full time work

I haven't claimed anything yet because since the three day week started I have continued to work 5 days. Basically i'd like to know if after a period of working five days like this can I ask to be made full time again.

I dont understand this. If your working 5 days, how are you on a 3 day week? And why would you apply for a 5 day job in your own department when your working a 5 day job?

I know it doesn't make alot of sense to me either.
Last month everybody was called to a meeting and told of this 3 day week. Two weeks ago it began but because my department(kitchen of a big hotel) is understaffed already we have continued to work five days altough officially I am on a three day week.
My problem is that for all intents I work full time but I am only recognised as a part time member of staff. I had already booked holidays in april before this(three weeks). Therefore when I am away they should only pay me for a three day week. Correct?

This still makes no sense. Either you work three days a week or you work five days a week. Do you mean they only pay you for three days and you work two for nothing?!

I have a letter stating that from 23 Feb I am part time ie. 3 day week.
I am still working 5 days.
I contacted citizens info and national employment rights authority and they haven't heard of this yet so not much info.
My problem is that I have lost benefits of full time ie holidays but am still working full time.
Can they change my contract but still keep me on the same hours.

Back