3 Day Week or 4 Day Week

S

SKIKI

Hi forum members.

My employer is looking for me to go on a 4 day week. Have one adult dependent and 2 kids.
Weekly wages are 866.35 gross for 5 day week.
I am trying to work out whether I am any better off financially working 4 day week as opposed to a three day week.

I calculated that I would get JB of 195.95 ..3/6 ths of weekly benefit if I was on 3 day week, but would get 78.38 if I worked 4 days. 1/5 of JB

This would leave me at for a 4 day week
639.08 gross plus 78.38 JB = Total 715.76

And for a 3 day week
519.81 gross plus 195.95 JB = Total 717.46

I know I haven't taken any tax calculations into consideration here, and am working on a basic level....but am I missing something here as I don't see any point in working the extra day for no benefit.....prefer to spend my time having the extra day to look for a new job.

Many thanks for reading

Hi forum members.

I calculated that I would get JB of 195.95 ..3/6 ths of weekly benefit if I was on 3 day week, but would get 78.38 if I worked 4 days. 1/5 of JB

Many thanks for reading

On a 3 day week you will only get 2/5ths of JB .......

Systematic short-time working
This situation arises if you are normally working full-time but short-time working is introduced on a temporary basis. You will continue to pay PRSI in the normal way. If the short-time work involves a three-day week, you may get Jobseeker's Benefit for the other two days, provided you meet the other relevant conditions that apply to Jobseeker's Benefit. In this situation, the social welfare week is five days and you will get two-fifths of the normal amount of Jobseeker's Benefit. There are no limits on how long short-time working can continue.

Back