2nd Hand Merc

Sadmak

I am thinking about trading up to a 04 E class merc.

I have never bought a second hand car before so could do with some advice.
I keep an eye on the autotrader / CBG etc and notice that the 04 prices have not dropped since its become 2006.

Is there a good time of the year to buy / am i better to buy from a dealer rather than a private seller. I presume that the savings involved from buying in the North or UK would be nullified by VRT.

Any suggestions welcome eg the best model to buy etc or what mileage to look for etc.

Have a look at Honest John and Parkers for buying advice.

An 04import will be hit hard for VRT.

Buy privately if you can for the best value and be thorough in checking the car over.

To make any sort of saving importing from the UK you'd need to go back to a 99, 00 or 01 car.

Around now would be an ok time to be looking cause theyr'll be alot of movement in the secondhand marked what with all the trade ins for 06 models.

You need to catch a lad who is trying to meet or exceed his weekly / monthly target to squeeze a really good deal.

On the subject of buying from a private seller - I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be handing over 40k+ to some lad for a second hand car and have no comeback.

What engine / spec are you looking for in your E Class?

Thanks Guys - spec im looking for is ideally Avantgarde. E220, E240, or E270 ideally an automatic - It looks like i will be lucky to get one for 50k.

They are very pricey alright.

I'd look at a 200 kompressor if I were you. Plenty around which helps.

Back