Laya 2A & 2C Moving from VHI One Plus Plan to Laya Healthcare

Kenno

We (2A & 2C) are currently with VHI and are covered under the One plus plan.

This is up for renewal now and the premium has increased from €156 per month to €192 :eek:. I see this morning that another 4.5% increase is due in March.

We are seriously considering moving to Laya Healthcare.

The Total Health Choice plan would cost the same and the benefits seem much better - particularly the day to day costs such as GP's. They also have an offer of half price for children on the Health Smart Family plans. This would reduce overall premium to €180 approx per month.

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with Laya Healthcare or any other recommendations .

Thanks.

I have Laya through work (single male, 30s) and have found them excellent. Customer service very helpful in getting claims processed ASAP.

They give 50% back on day to day medical expenses including doctor, purchase of glasses, dentist, purchase of sports glasses (which could have been considered non day to day) etc.

Havent had to use them for anything major thankfully so cant comment on hospital side of things.

I have just moved to Laya, disappointed to have to do so to cut costs and get a better range of cover after exhaustive comparisons on www.hia.ie and that after more than 30 years with VHI, time will tell, understand your reticence ..

I switched to Laya in May 2012 from Aviva.

My new plan was supposed to be identical re benefits. However, I've just had major surgery, and Laya would only pay the (lower) cost of the procedure to be done in the private hospital, rather than the (still privately charged) higher cost in the associated public hospital. This had implications for my treatment options, as the surgeon was concerned that I might need ICU after op, and had it not been for the generous covering of extra costs by SVPH themselves, things could have been very critical, perhaps resulting in an emergency operation via A&E.

If you're not too concerned about possibility of requiring scheduled surgery, all else is like for like with Aviva Level 2 Hospital, or was at time of renewal/switch in May. My plan is Healthwise Plus (no excess), by the way. Y

ou won't find it advertised, you have to ask for it. If still available, it is significantly cheaper than any other comparable option.

Back