Laya 2A 1 student (21) renewal nov. Laya Health Sense (Excess) & Essential Plus

Hans

My Health Insurance Renewal is due next month.

I got a shock to find it had increased so much to €3,483.44 I know that had a lot to do that my son is now 21 and seems to have lost his student rate so has increased from just over €200 to €1,464.92 with Laya.

My partner and I are on Health Sense (Excess) at 1009 and he (Student son) is on Essential Plus (that we were once on) but changed as it was expensive for us but left him on it as it was only €200.

I have been looking on website HIA but I'm even more confused surely these companies could simplify what they have to offer and do they need so many each?

When I put in what I am looking for I still was given over 20 plans ranging from €650 to nearly €2,000 surely they can’t be offering the same thing with such price difference.

I am not been lazy asking for opinion here as I have spent the last few hours ploughing through them and still confused. Maybe someone out there that has a plan that has similar needs to me can help me out.

I would like:
Private room in Public hospital
Semi Private in Private hospital
Hi Tec Hospitals certain Procedures

Also what plan could my son go on just to keep in system as hopefully he is will keep as healthy as he is.

I can’t think of much else have not really used doctor much so do not really need that cover (hopefully that stays that way).

I have noticed that some schemes don’t cover orthopaedic procedures I never really thought about that until lately until an old knee injury is playing up and hope I wont have to look after that in the future but just in case would like to know after all the years of paying up that I am covered.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me.

Unfortunately PM1 7 is working out more expensive than the plan we have.

Back