28" TV from Lidl - any good?

D

Dr Moriarty

28" TV from Lidl - any good?

[broken link removed]

I know that Lidl and Aldi have previously had 'Beko' TVs for around this price; has anyone any experience of their 'Welltech' brands? (seems to get the thumbs up here, but there are only a few comments).

A three-year warranty is nice to have, for a budget model like this. I compared prices with DID/Power City and their most basic 28" non-widescreens started at €279, with only a 12-month warranty...

Am I right in assuming that the difference between a 50Mhz and a 100Mhz screen (flicker refresh rate) is unnoticeable except with very high-quality input (say a DVD)?

Any views? I had been looking around for a good second-hand 28" for <€250 (to go with ) - but I reckon I'd be better off paying €20 extra for a new 'no-name' one with a warranty, rather than a year-old Sony/Philips, etc...

28" Black Diamond Widescreen INCL Delivery 40 miles away. €299 . They weigh a ton . From N17 Superstore.

Model BDS2846S

Model Description: 28” Nicam Text TV

Features:

Screen Size 66cm
Nicam Stereo Sound
2 x 10W Audio Output
Fastext – 7 pages .
100 Channel Memory
Auto Tuning
NTSC Playback
Picture Sharpness Control
X 2 Scart Socket
Front AV Inputs
S-VHS In via Scart 2
Child Lock
16:9, 4:3 Auto Screen Switch
Stand sold separately STDS2846

Probs with tv

Sorry to hijack this thread, but on a related issue:

I bought a 32" Philips in DID just over a year ago. Recently the screen has started flickering quite badly, sometimes just once a night for a second, other times several times a night, each time for up to a minute.

Any ideas what's wrong? Could it be that due to it being winter I dry clothes in the same room, which might be causing condensation? Or is it power surges or something like that?

Re: Probs with tv

I know there are some Philips-o-files on here but they get a thumbs down from me. We, too, picked up a 32" widescreen from Power City a couple of years ago and it makes a high-pitched noise when we turn it on. Just like the old TV's from my childhood. Sometimes it goes away and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it goes away if we muck around with the aspect ratio control (16:9, 4:3, superwide, etc.). We also got a DVD (622) 3 years ago which is starting to lock up frequently. We've got another (non-Philips) player so that's not such a critical situation. When finances allow I'll probably be ditching the TV.

Back