23 year old with 20K debt - running is only option left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy2010, I'm going to move the details you've posted above to the Money makeover forum, and close this thread. Noone is going to offer you advice here about how to run away from your debts.

Noor I would like the surgery. No it's not "necessary" but if I am not happy with my physical appearance, I want to better it. Yes I've had counselling sessions. That's off topic though. Yes I went to the banks for money, like 99% of the population?!? But I am not a dole merchant, besides I'd go mad sitting at home everyday. I've been in my job 3 years.

I'll fill that out now dmos, there was a bit missing from the one I copied.

Other borrowings – car loans/personal loans etc - €22,000

Would you mind breaking up this figure between banks

Amount Outstanding
Number of months
Amount per month

It looks like 3 loans which are more than 22k?

DrMoriarty I've seen lots of discussions about people running away from their debt on here, it must have gone unnoticed to you and your crew before.

feltox

GE - €5,000 (roughly) - 5 years
Credit union €6,500 (roughly) - 5 years
Main bank - €4,000 roughly (paying back €7,500) - 7 years
mbna - €5,000 outstanding.

Why close this thread? I don't understand Dr. Just delete a post if you found it offensive, makes more sense.

DrMoriarty I've seen lots of discussions about people running away from their debt on here, it must have gone unnoticed to you and your crew before.
I must have misread this bit, so:
I'm not asking for information on getting out of debt - I'm in too deep, understand? [...] Anyway, my original question was, if there were any "runners" out there, how did it go for them? [...] I want to know if I want to get more surgery, [...] I can't stand the thoughts of having to wait 5 years before being even able to start saving...it's just too daunting for me :-(

I've seen plenty of these threads, too. Full of denial, self-pity and blaming others. I hope you'll take on board the constructive advice you're being offered, Cindy2010, and I wish you the best.
Why close this thread? I don't understand Dr. Just delete a post if you found it offensive, makes more sense.
I just thought it might make it easier to keep the specific information and subsequent advice in one place, in the appropriate forum.

I dont think any one here wants to give advise of how you should run away from your debt.

People will give advise of maybe how to reform/refinacne your debt and make it managable going forward.

Doctor I'm not indenial??? If I was I wouldn't be here. I'm not blaming Joe Bloggs for my debt and as for self pity? God forbid I feel worried over this and respond to preaching "advice". Nobody told me anything here that I didn't already know....I guess some people just don't have all the answers, no matter how hard they try. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back