21st birthday present

seantheman

my godson celebrates his 21st soon. our families have always been close. how much should i put in a card?

How about some [broken link removed], a voucher for a [broken link removed], and a [broken link removed] wishing that he finds his 'vocation' in life.

thanks for the replies, i thought €100 but my wife reckoned i was being tight, however money man saying €200 kina shocked me

thanks for the replies, i thought €100 but my wife reckoned i was being tight, however money man saying €200 kina shocked me

€200 would be about right...normally this would be the last birthday present you will give him. A card will suffice from here on in.

you're are all kidding - aren't you - the person is 21 years old - an independent adult - in years past (present?) they could have been married with kids by now.

When I turned 21 (not that many years ago!), I got €100 form a couple of close relatives which I thought was very generous. I think €100 is plenty, but if you feel a little mean giving this much maybe give €121. I think €200 is excessive and your godson wouldn't be expecting this much.

you're are all kidding - aren't you - the person is 21 years old - an independent adult - in years past (present?) they could have been married with kids by now.

Exactly. How about a handshake and a hearty "Happy Birthday!" You could then maybe buy him a pint...

Remember that you may be setting the precedent by giving a certain amount. Families tend to 'do what the last one did'. If you don't want things to get out control I would err on the low side. Or get a cool present instead of hard cash.

My brother is my godson. He's only 18 at the moment but he's loaded. Summer/part time jobs with no expenses. He'd be way more able to give me €200 than I would him. Only 2.5 years to go, I'd better start saving the children's allowance...

Back