2007 car up for renewal

deanpark

Hi. I have 2007 car currently insured by Axa since 2019. Is there a good chance I will not be offered a renewal later in the year when it's due as the car is 15 years old. I've not received anything direct from Axa. Just reading commentary that companies have been doing this.

I never found that, I had several very old cars insured with AXA (from when they weren't so old), once you are existing customer you are fine usually, it's trying to insure an old one as a new customer that is the problem.

Unfortunately I got rid of my last one as I was convinced that the premium was going to go sky high and it actually went down but deal was done for new car at that stage!

Thats encouraging. Its only got 135k km on the clock so hoping to get another maybe five years out of it.

Similar experience here but with Allianz I've a 2007 insured with them. I also found putting an unrealistically high value on the car brought the premium down vs when it was valued at 2k so try that too. I think the sweet spot for mine was 7k before the quotes began rising again.

A lot of the issues are with first time or relatively new drivers where an insurance company may be concerned with the car being used for the purposes of making a claim.

I think that in most cases if you have a good driving history you will have no issues.

Back