2002 scenic

M

montizano

hi my friends renault scenic runs like a dog at low revs in cold weather ,but on warm days its fine , renault have had the car 3 times now and said it was the timing belt? ,so after the new belt the car still has a low reving and miss fire when its cold

sorry for the long type
any ideas will be helpfull

montizano

The Scenic (most models) has a problem with ignition coils. Your friend should ask about this. If he has a good relationship with the dealer and this turns out to be the problem, and if he has had all scheduled services, the dealer *Might* sort this out for him no questions asked.

Would agree about the coil(s) as the possible problem. The same symptons seemd to apply. No power but seemed OKish when I got to some speed. I have had mine replaced three time in the last number of years. Renault replaced them but I had to pay Euro 70 for "Labour" - so much for a warranty! The last time they were replaced was in France while on holiday! Had some fun trying to explain to a French mechanic but those coils have lasted for the last two years. (Are they different than the ones in Ireland?) After a long saga Renault Irl refunded the Euro 350 cost as the original garage I got them done in had closed down. Like the previous poster check if your warranty is still valid and even then Renault have acknowledged that there were apparently faulty ones used by them.

Back